Transition to Medi-Cal Rx and Provider Training Information
Effective January 1, 2022, Medi-Cal Rx is live! Here are some reminders and support information regarding Medi-Cal Rx.
Centro de Servicio al Cliente de Medi-Cal Rx
- Contact Medi-Cal Rx customer service center (CSC) at 800-977-2273 for all pharmacy related inquiries.
- The CSC is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week to assist pharmacies, prescribers, beneficiaries and others with pharmacy related inquiries.
Prior Authorizations (PAs)
- PAs should be sent directly to Medi-Cal Rx for Medi-Cal pharmacy benefits billed on pharmacy claims.
- For more information, see Five Ways to Submit a Prior Authorization (PA) Flyer and the Medi-Cal Rx Prior Authorization (PA) Job Aid.
- Date of Service (fill date) on or after 1/1/2022 is the responsibility of Medi-Cal Rx.
Medi-Cal Rx Provider Portal
- Register now on the Medi-Cal Rx Provider Portal.
- For assistance in registering, review the User Administration Console (UAC) Quick Start Guide.
- Stay up-to-date on Medi-Cal Rx by signing up for the Medi-Cal Rx Subscription Service.
- Bookmark and review the Medi-Cal Rx Provider Manual.
- To request training, visit Medi-Cal Rx Education and Outreach o envíe un correo electrónico a [email protected].
Alliance recognized for member satisfaction in pediatric care
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) recognized the Alliance with a Consumer Satisfaction Award, thanks in great part to our providers going above and beyond in pediatric care in 2021.
This new award is based on the Alliance’s high scores in the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) survey, which collected feedback from nearly 400 Alliance members. The DHCS-conducted survey measures member satisfaction in areas such as provider communication, customer service, and access to timely and needed care.
The Alliance’s Quality Improvement and Population Health (QIPH) Department works to support providers in improving provider-patient relationships. Several Alliance staff members from the QIPH team were present to receive the award during the 2021 DHCS Quality Conference that took place online on Oct. 27.
This prestigious Consumer Satisfaction Award represents one of the Alliance’s core values of improvement. The work this award recognizes would not have been possible without strong partnerships with our providers. The Alliance thanks you for your role in continuously improving service for Alliance members and our communities!
For more information on Medi-Cal Managed Care Quality Awards, visit the sitio web del Departamento de Servicios de Cuidado de Salud (DHCS, por sus siglas en inglés).