Seniors and Disabilities
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits discrimination against persons with disabilities. Both public and private hospitals and health care facilities must provide services to people with disabilities in a nondiscriminatory manner.
In order to comply with this regulation, providers may have to:
- Modify their policies and procedures.
- Provide auxiliary aids and services for effective communication.
- Remove barriers from existing facilities.
- Follow ADA accessibility standards for new construction and alteration projects.
Because disability increases with age, health care provisions for persons with disabilities often apply to seniors as well.
The Alliance provides training and resources for improving access to health care for seniors and people with disabilities (SPDs). We also offer programs and services for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Contact Care Management
- General and suitability questions:
Teléfono: 800-700-3874, ext. 5512
- Fax: 831-430-5852