Medi-Cal Older Adult Expansion and Asset Limit Changes
California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is expanding Medi-Cal eligibility, increasing the number of Californians who will be newly eligible for full scope Medi-Cal coverage. While the exact impact of the Older Adult Expansion and asset limit changes is unknown, the Alliance is likely to see an influx of new members following these updates.
The Alliance is following DHCS guidance to publicize the eligibility expansion to potential members and those with active restricted scope Medi-Cal. We will be collaborating with our community partners to maximize awareness of the new eligibility expansions. In addition to publishing relevant information on our website, we are providing:
- A flyer in Inglés y Español to be distributed by community partners and by our outreach team during events in our service areas.
- Posts on our Facebook page to increase public awareness about the eligibility expansion.
- An article in the June edition of Vida Saludable, our member newsletter.
- Articles in the March and May editions of The Beat, our bi-monthly community e-newsletter that is shared with nearly 5,000 community partners.
We are grateful to our provider network as you continue to partner with us to provide accessible, quality health care guided by local innovation. Read on for eligibility expansion details.
Expansión para Adultos Mayores
Effective May 1, 2022, the Older Adult Expansion will extend eligibility for full scope Medi-Cal to all people 50 years of age or older who meet Medi-Cal eligibility criteria. Immigration status does not matter.
- Members with active restricted scope Medi-Cal will be automatically transitioned to full scope Medi-Cal in May 2022.
- People who do not have active restricted scope Medi-Cal can apply for Medi-Cal online, by mail, by telephone, at their local county office, by fax or in person.
Para más información, visite el sitio web del DHCS Older Adults Expansion page.
Asset limit changes
On July 1, 2022, the asset limit for Medi-Cal programs is increasing for people who are 65 or older or disabled These changes apply to owned items that can be counted for Medi-Cal eligibility, such as bank accounts, cash, second vehicles and homes, and other financial resources.
- $2,000 for one person.
- $3,000 for a couple.
- $130,000 for one person plus an additional $65,000 for each additional family member.
Medi-Cal members who are already in a program with asset limits will be able to keep more than they could before. Those who believe they are eligible for Medi-Cal once the new limits start are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Booster Incentive Campaign
The Alliance is offering an incentive for members who get their COVID-19 booster shot when they are eligible to get it. Boosters offer the best chance of avoiding serious illness, hospitalization and potential complications from COVID-19.
Members will get a $50 Target gift card for receiving their booster shot from March 1, 2022, through May 31, 2022. Gift cards will be mailed to members or handed out at participating clinics.
Who is eligible
All Alliance Medi-Cal members 12 years of age or older who are due to get their Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson booster shot.
The Alliance is currently running a mass media campaign to increase booster rates across Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties. The theme of the campaign is “Stay one step ahead of COVID-19.” To maximize public awareness of the incentive, we are running print and digital ads in the following places:
- Nuestra Facebook page.
- Streaming radio.
- Digital advertisements.
- Website banners.
- Billboard advertisements.
- Interior ads on every bus in Monterey and Salinas counties.
Spread the word!
- For more booster shot information: the página web de los Centros para el Control y la Prevención de las Enfermedades (CDC, por sus siglas en inglés) shares when it’s time to get a booster and which vaccine is recommended based on age group.
- For information on the Alliance booster incentive program: Visite nuestra página campaign landing page.
- COVID-19 and Alliance provider support: You can find up-to-date information about member support, testing and treatment, and other resources on our COVID-19 page for providers.