The COVID-19 pandemic continues to have an impact on our childhood and adolescent immunization rates, and many children are now behind on needed vaccines. Several vaccines are recommended for children before they turn 2 years old, and the Alliance is working to increase vaccination rates in this demographic.
Please join us in educating families about the importance of immunizations for their children’s health.
Key messages for members
As we communicate with Alliance members about child immunizations, it is important to emphasize the folowing key points:
- Vaccines are safe and can prevent many diseases when an individual is vaccinated on time. If members have questions or concerns, including questions about their , they should talk with their doctor.
- Members can make a well-child appointment with their child’s pediatrician, during which they can get caught up on immunizations. Well-child visits and immunizations are covered at no cost to our members.
- The Alliance offers rewards to members for completing their child’s immunizations or flu vaccine(s). Members can be entered to win a $100 Target gift card. More information on these rewards can be found on our Immunizations Schedule page for members.
Types of immunizations
- Childhood immunizations: These include vaccinations against hepatitis B, tetanus, measles and others.
- Flu vaccines: The Alliance has kicked off our 2022-23 flu campaign. See the article “You don’t have time for the flu” for more details. Children who get the flu are at risk of health problems, especially if they are under the age of 2. Flu vaccines can help decrease children’s risk of getting very sick from the flu.
- Vacunas contra el COVID-19: Everyone 6 months and older can get the COVID-19 vaccine. COVID-19 information for members is available on our website.
Thank you for your partnership in cultivating healthy people and healthy communities!