New! Funding opportunities, Depression Screening Toolkit + CBI Q4 data reports
New Alliance grant funding opportunities
The Alliance’s Medi-Cal Capacity Grant Program (MCGP) invests in health care and community organizations in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties.
We are pleased to announce new MCGP grant programs in 2023, including:
- Workforce Recruitment Programs: Support the hiring of Community Health Workers and Medical Assistants.
- Healthcare Technology: Supports the purchase and implementation of certain technology and infrastructure that improves member access to care and results in high quality health care services and operational efficiencies.
- Equity Learning for Health Professionals: Supports training and consulting for staff of organizations that provide health care services to Medi-Cal members to improve access to equity-oriented health care.
There is an MCGP informational session on June 6. Attendees will receive an overview of MCGP funding priorities, new grant opportunities and an opportunity for Q&A. You can register and find more information about MCGP funding opportunities on our grants webpage.
Update to Provider Recruitment Grant Program
The Provider Recruitment Program now accepts applications and awards grants four times per year. The upcoming Provider Recruitment application deadlines are:
- July 18, 2023.
- Oct. 17, 2023.
Disaster Response Fund retroactive grants for winter 2023 storm
You may qualify for reimbursement through a Disaster Response Fund grant if you:
- Are an Alliance contracted provider.
- Paid for medically necessary hotel stays for Medi-Cal members evacuated from their homes in an Alliance service area during the January and March 2023 atmospheric river storm events.
Qualifying expenses are those incurred directly by the provider for hotel stays during the evacuation order period whereby the provider determined the patient was unable to stay at an evacuation shelter due to medical reasons.
Contact [email protected] by June 2 for more information.
Updated Depression Screening Toolkit is now available
During Mental Health Awareness Month this May, we want to call your attention to the behavioral health resources available to Alliance providers. The Alliance is providing an updated version of our Depression Screening Toolkit for your reference. Inside the toolkit, you’ll find information including:
- Symptoms of depression in different populations.
- What to do when the patient becomes tearful or emotional.
- Chronic conditions and risk factors.
- Medications that can have an adverse effect on depression.
Also, please note the updated name of our behavioral health provider: Beacon Health Options is now Carelon Behavioral Health.
For more information and resources, including how to refer Alliance members to behavioral health services, please visit our behavioral health page for providers.
Q4 Care-Based Incentive (CBI) reports now available
The 2022 Q4 CBI data is now available on the Provider Portal. CBI reports include:
- Summary and performance reports that show a high-level summary of quarterly performance and trended graphs to show measure performance over time.
- A measure details report that allows you to drill down on a measure to review your clinic performance at the member level. This report is especially important for the Ambulatory Care Sensitive Admissions and the Preventable Emergency Visits measures, where member diagnosis is shared.
- A CBI forensics report that provides point calculations for how many members were needed to hit CBI benchmarks.
- The CBI dashboard, which allows clinics to choose metrics and create a dashboard to share trended performance over time with clinic staff.
If you have questions about CBI reports or if you are interested in scheduling a CBI Forensics visit, please contact your Provider Relations Representative at 800-700-3874, ext. 5504.
If you do not have a Provider Portal account to access these reports, you can submit a Provider Portal Account Request Form. If you have questions about the Provider Portal, please contact the Provider Portal Representative at 831-430-5518 or email [email protected].