Whole Child Model Family Advisory Committee (WCMFAC)
The Whole Child Model Family Advisory Committee (WCMFAC) represents the needs and concerns of families of children with special health care needs. These children are eligible for California Children’s Services (CCS). WCMFAC works to build family-centered care and makes suggestions on how to meet the Whole Child Model goals.
The group is made up of families with children who have special health care needs, Alliance staff, county CCS staff, Alliance Board members and representatives from community-based organizations.
WCMFAC provides feedback to the Alliance’s Santa Cruz-Monterey-Merced Medical Care Commission, also known as the Alliance’s Board, on services provided by the health plan and health care coordination. WCMFAC’s goal is to hear from families of children with special health care needs and provide support. WCMFAC members will:
- Advise the Alliance’s Board on issues and concerns of members and their families as they relate to the Whole Child Model program.
- Serve as voices of Alliance members who might not be heard otherwise.
- Educate families about the services provided for children with special health care needs in more detail.
- Help improve services for current and future CCS Alliance members.
WCMFAC meetings meet through video conference. Meetings last 90 minutes.
Contact Member Services
- Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Phone: 800-700-3874
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Assistance
Alliance TTY Line: 877-548-0857
- Nurse Advice Line