Doula Services Benefit
The Alliance is actively recruiting doulas to contract with the Alliance and provide doula services as a Medi-Cal benefit to our members.
Doulas are birth workers who provide health education and advocacy - as well as physical, emotional and non-medical support – to pregnant and postpartum persons before, during and after childbirth.
Doulas also offer support in the form of health navigation, lactation support, birth plan development and connection to community-based resources.
Learn about the benefits of becoming an Alliance-contracted doula and apply today!
What is the doula services benefit?
Medi-Cal members can get services from doulas who qualify to provide doula services through Medi-Cal. This means that qualifying doulas can now contract with the Alliance to provide services to Alliance members.
Covered doula services:
- One initial visit.
- Up to eight additional visits that may be provided in any combination of prenatal and postpartum visits.
- Support during labor and delivery (including labor and delivery resulting in a stillbirth), abortion or miscarriage.
- Up to two extended three-hour postpartum visits after the end of a pregnancy.
For more details on covered and non-covered services, refer to the Medi-Cal Provider Manual for Doulas.
Doula provider perks
- If you are contracted and credentialed with the Alliance, you can receive reimbursement at up to 150% of the state listed Medi-Cal Fee-for-Service (FFS) rates for services.
- Get personalized support for credentialing, billing and any other questions you may have.
- Exclusive access to our Provider Portal.
Learn more about our network on our Why Join page.
How to apply
For more information on how to apply, please visit our Provider Credentialing Applications and Policies page.
For general questions about the doula benefit, please call our Provider Relations team at 831-430-5503.
Contact the Alliance
- Phone (Toll free): 800-700-3874
- Community Care Coordination Department: 800-700-3874, ext. 5512