Alliance Language Assistance Services
Do you need help communicating with your doctor or the Alliance in your spoken language?
It is important that you can talk with your doctor clearly. If you and your doctor are not able to understand each other all the time, it could affect your health care. If you have trouble talking with your doctor, we can help. You do not have to use family or friends to interpret for you. The Alliance can help if you speak a language other than English.
As an Alliance member, you have the right to these services at no cost:
- Aids and services to people with disabilities to help them communicate better, such as:
- In-person qualified American Sign Language interpreters.
- Written information in other formats such as large print, audio, accessible electronic formats or other formats.
- Language assistance services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters, either in-person or over the phone.
- Written information in other languages.
If you would like an interpreter:
Let your doctor’s office know which language you need when you call to make an appointment. In most cases, an interpreter will help you over the phone, but an in-person interpreter may also be used. The Alliance must approve in-person cases ahead of time.
There are also doctors in our network who speak languages other than English.
The Alliance has doctors in its network who speak a language other than English. You can find these doctors in your Provider Directory or by calling Member Services. Your doctor can also call a special telephone line to get an interpreter who speaks your language.
Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance) is committed to treating our members equally. The Alliance does not discriminate, exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. We follow federal civil rights laws.
For help with getting an interpreter or written information in your language, please call the Alliance Health Education Line at 800-700-3874, ext. 5580. If you need language assistance, we have a special telephone line to get an interpreter who speaks your language, available to you at no cost. For the Hearing or Speech Assistance Line, call 800-735-2929 (TTY: Dial 711).
Contact Member Services
- Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Phone: 800-700-3874
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Assistance
Alliance TTY Line: 877-548-0857
- Nurse Advice Line