Call Beacon's toll-free access line
24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 855-765-9700.
Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance) partners with Beacon Health Options (Beacon) to provide members with non-specialty mental health services. Alliance primary care providers (PCPs) are responsible for identifying the need for behavioral health screenings and referrals.
Behavioral health services covered by the Alliance and provided by Beacon include:
- Mental health evaluation and treatment, including individual, group and family psychotherapy.
- Psychological and neuropsychological testing, when clinically indicated to evaluate a mental health condition (prior authorization from Beacon required).
- Outpatient services for the purposes of monitoring drug therapy.
- Outpatient laboratory, drugs, supplies and supplements (excluding anti-psychotic drugs, which are covered by Medi-Cal Fee-For-Service).
- Psychiatric consultation.
Acute medical detoxification, meaning treatment in an acute medical facility for a serious medical condition relating to substance withdrawal, is also available from the Alliance with prior authorization. For acute medical detoxification services, call the Alliance at 800-700-3874, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Note: Members eligible for both Medicare and Medi-Cal should call Medicare to access behavioral health services at 800-633-4227. If a member experiences access denials from Medicare, the member should contact Beacon and request Care Management services for assistance.
Contact Provider Services
Billing questions, claims status, general claims information
General authorization information or questions
Checking the status of submitted authorizations
Authorizations, general pharmacy information or questions