Pain Management and Substance Use Resources
The Alliance is committed to working with community partners, supporting our providers and members, and jointly developing effective, resourceful and innovative strategies to change the course of the opioid and substance use crisis.
As complex problems require complex solutions, we are coordinating our efforts toward four key evidence-based areas:
- Prevention: Limiting the number of new members starting a path of chronic opioid use.
- Management: Promoting safer prescribing practices, helping identify members on high-risk regimens and working with providers and members to develop successful tapering plans.
- Treatment: Fostering medication-assisted treatment for substance use and streamlining access to these multimodal, essential services.
- Stopping overdose deaths: Educating providers, pharmacies, members and their families on the life-saving importance of naloxone for anyone who is prescribed opioids.
The resources below provide clinicians and members with evidence-based information, tools and best practices for safe, compassionate and effective care.
Contact Care Management
- General and suitability questions:
Phone: 800-700-3874, ext. 5512
- Fax: 831-430-5852