Since 2010, the Alliance’s Care-Based Incentive (CBI) program has offered financial and technical assistance to primary care providers (PCPs) to promote and implement the Patient Centered Medical Home model, improve access to care, and promote delivery of quality high-value care. The CBI Program is designed in collaboration with Alliance network providers, incorporating feedback from a variety of sources, such as provider surveys, Physician Advisory Group and other committees, CBI program evaluation, and input from the Alliance Board. The CBI Program incentivizes the Alliance's provider network with the following goals:
- Improve quality outcomes, as reflected in part by the Managed Care Accountability Set, including National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) scores.
- Improve member experience.
- Encourage delivery of high value care.
- Improve patient access to primary care.
- Encourage use of disease registries to address population health.
- Encourage adoption of best-practice care guidelines as recommended by U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF).
- Reduce disparities in quality or service delivery between groups of members and/or geographic regions.
For more information on the CBI Program, please see:
- Section 18 of the Alliance Provider Manual.
- What’s new for CBI.
- Care-Based Incentive Resources.
Contact Provider Services
|Provider Relations Representative||800-700-3874
|Practice Coaching||[email protected]|
|CBI Team||[email protected]|