The Alliance is collaborating with third-party vendors, Change Healthcare and ECHO Health, Inc., to assist with payment processes. Providers will begin receiving payments from ECHO for fee-for-service and capitation payments beginning early fall.
You may have recently received notification from ECHO Health, Inc by way of email newsletter or by fax. We want to make you aware of the inconsistencies noted in the correspondence you received regarding a ‘summer’ go-live date in addition to several web links included that led to incorrect landing pages. This was an administrative error made by ECHO Health, Inc. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. The Alliance is actively working with ECHO Health Inc. to take the proper measures for preventing this from occurring in the future. We are committed to ensure you receive the correct information in a timely manner.
Below you’ll find a copy of the revised notification.
If you have any questions please contact a Provider Relations Representative at (800) 700-3874, ext. 5504.
As part of our ongoing commitment to simplify and improve payment transactions for your business, Central California Alliance for Health is offering more choice in payment methods. Recent feedback from our network indicates quicker reimbursement and more efficient payment reconciliation are high priorities for our providers, and we’re excited to offer additional payment solutions.
Beginning Fall 2020, The Alliance will partner with Change Healthcare and ECHO Health, Inc. to provide these new electronic methods. Many of our providers already work with Change Healthcare today.
Outlined below are the payment options and any action items needed by your office:
- Virtual Card Services: NO ACTION IS NECESSARY to start receiving Virtual Credit Card If you are not registered to receive payments electronically, beginning fall 2020, you will receive Virtual Credit Card payments with your Explanation of Payment (EOP). Your office will receive fax notifications, each containing a virtual credit card with a number unique to that payment transaction and an instruction page for processing. The steps for processing this payment are similar to how you manually key-in patient payments today. Be sure to enter the payment information for the full amount of the card’s value and do so prior to the expiration date on the card. Normal transaction fees apply based on your merchant acquirer relationship.
- Existing EFT Payments: NO ACTION IS NECESSARY from you, if you are currently receiving EFT payments from Central California Alliance for Health.
Please note: Payment will appear on your bank statement from Huntington National Bank and ECHO as “HNB – ECHO”.
- New to EFT Payments: Setting up EFT is a fast and reliable method of payment. If you are interested in receiving payment via electronic funds transfer (EFT), In addition to your banking account information, you will need to provide an ECHO payment draft number and payment amount as part of the enrollment
Please note: Payment will appear on your bank statement from Huntington National Bank and ECHO as “HNB – ECHO”. To sign up for EFT, you have two options: To sign-up to receive EFT through Settlement Advocate for CLIENT only, visit https://enrollments.echohealthinc.com/efteradirect/TheAllianceTo sign-up to receive EFT from all payers processing payments on the Settlement Advocated platform, visit https://enrollments.echohealthinc.com/. A fee for this service may be required.
- MedPay: If you are not enrolled with us to receive payments via electronic funds transfer (EFT) and you opt-out of virtual card, and have enrolled for Medical Payment Exchange (MPX) with another payer, you will continue to receive your payments in your MPX portal account. Otherwise, you will receive a paper check via print and
- Paper Check: To receive paper checks and paper explanation of payments, you must elect to opt out of Virtual Card Services or remove your EFT
In addition, we want to make you aware of another enhancement. You can now log into www.providerpayments.com to access a detailed explanation of payment for each transaction.
We appreciate your support as we roll out these new payment options, and we look forward to continuing to work with you to deliver a positive experience for your patients. If you have additional questions regarding your payment options, please contact ECHO Health at 888-983-5574.
Sincerely, Lisa Ba,
Chief Financial Officer,
Central California Alliance for Health