The Alliance’s Medi-Cal Capacity Grant Program (MCGP) invests in health care and community organizations in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties to increase the availability, quality and access of health care and supportive resources for Medi-Cal members and address social drivers that influence health and wellness in our communities.
We are pleased to announce the following new MCGP grant programs under three priority focus areas. The next application deadline for all funding opportunities is July 18, 2023 and awards will be made Oct. 25, 2023.
Access to Care
- Community Health Worker (CHW) Provider Recruitment Program: Grants to support recruitment and hiring of CHWs who become credentialed to provide the compensable CHW Benefit to Medi-Cal members.
- Medical Assistant (MA) Provider Recruitment Program: Grants to support recruitment, hiring and training of MAs to expand the capacity of primary care practices to serve more Medi-Cal members in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties.
- Healthcare Technology Program: Grants to support the purchase and implementation of certain technology and infrastructure that improves member access to care and results in high-quality health care services and operational efficiencies.
- Equity Learning for Health Professionals Program: Grants to support training or consulting engagements that directly support Medi-Cal members in receiving equity-oriented care.
- Home Visiting Program: Grants to support the implementation or expansion of home visiting programs that use evidence-based models with trained professionals for pregnant women and parents of children up to age 5.
- Parent Education and Support Program: Grants to support the implementation or expansion of childhood development education, parenting skills and supportive resources for parents of children up to age 5 facilitated by trained educators and/or promotores/parent leaders.
- Partners for Active Living Program: Grants to support community-based projects that provide children, adults and families opportunities to engage in physical activity and recreation programs in the community and engage health care providers in partnering on program coordination and referral of Medi-Cal members to these resources.
- Community Health Champions Program: Grants for organizing, training and supporting youth and adults to educate on health-related topics, destigmatize the use of behavioral health services, advocate for equity in health care access and promote community health and wellness.
Please visit our grants webpage for more information, including details about our ongoing programs, Provider Recruitment and Partners for Healthy Food Access.