Healthy Weight for Life Program
Childhood obesity puts kids at risk for health problems that were once seen only in adults, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. The good news is that childhood obesity can be prevented.
The Alliance offers Healthy Weight for Life (HWL) program workshops. These workshops teach parents how to help children ages 2 to 18 reach a healthy weight. The program includes new ways for parents to support their child, make lifestyle changes, eat healthy and be more active.
What our members are saying about the HWL program workshops:
- “I want to thank the program for all the sessions, healthier eating, active play, parenting routines, planning. Everything was very helpful information. Will continue to implement.”
- “It really helped my mentality about how to eat healthier and provide for my family.”
- “It helped me discover things that I hadn't noticed I was doing as a parent, and ways to change or alter my behavior.”
- “I loved this program. It helped me a lot. I fell down but was able to get up back on track. It was a great program. I would love to do it again to refresh what I learned. Excellent help.”
Health and Wellness Reward
When you attend a 10-week workshop, you can receive a Target gift card for up to $100. You will also be entered into a raffle for the chance to win a bike.
For more information about rewards, visit our Health and Wellness Rewards page.
Contact Member Services
- Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Phone: 800-700-3874
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Assistance
TTY: 800-735-2929 (Dial 711)
- Nurse Advice Line
Health Education Line
- Phone: 800-700-3874, ext. 5580