The Alliance will be distributing your practice-specific Provider Performance Feedback Report for Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) in the coming weeks. This report reflects the services that were provided to your patients in 2017. The report includes the following information for each applicable measure:
- Number of members eligible for the measure
- Number of members who received the service
- The compliance rate for your site’s linked members
- The combined compliance rate for all Alliance providers
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) 25th percentile, which is the threshold for achieving a nationally-recognized minimum performance benchmark
- NCQA 90th percentile, which is the threshold for achieving a nationally-recognized high performance benchmark
Please note that the Provider Performance Feedback Report does not include Controlling Blood Pressure (CBP), Weight Assessment and Counseling for Physical Activity (WCC) and Comprehensive Diabetes Care (CDC) HbA1c Good Control measures. This report is based on HEDIS requirements, and the rates will differ from your CBI reports.
This retrospective review will provide you with information regarding your clinic’s performance and assist in identifying gaps in care. For additional information on HEDIS, visit our HEDIS Resources Website at www.ccah-alliance.org/hedis.html.
If you have any questions, please contact the Alliance Quality Improvement department at
[email protected] or (831) 430-2620.