COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Medi-Cal Members
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized the vaccine and has found that it is safe.
Medi-Cal members can get the COVID-19 vaccine at no cost.
As of April 15, the vaccine is available to those 16 years of age and older.
Here are some ways that you can find out about the COVID-19 vaccine appointments:
- Sign up online on California’s COVID-19 registration website.
- Call California’s hotline for COVID-19 information. A live person will help you register for vaccine appointments. To use the service:
- Call 833-422-4255.
- You will hear 7 menu options. On your phone’s keypad, press 1 for English, press 2 for Spanish or press 3 for other languages.
- The service is available Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- If you have questions about the vaccines, visit your county public health department’s website:
Update on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
COVID-19 Vaccine Videos
Continue to follow safety measures to avoid getting or spreading the virus.
- Wear a mask.
Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose to protect yourself and other people. Masks should be worn by everyone who is 2 years and older.
- Wash your hands.
Prevent the spread of germs by washing your hands often. Use hand sanitizer when you don't have access to soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing and follow stay-at-home orders for your region.
Stay six feet apart from people to stop the spread of COVID-19. Make sure to keep up to date with the guidelines in your area, which includes restrictions on public services and spaces.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid contact with anyone who may be sick.
- Call your Primary Care Provider (PCP) if you are having COVID-19 symptoms.