Partners for Healthy Food Access Program
- NEW! The Partners for Healthy Food Access Program has been updated effective April 2022 to include:
- A narrowed focus on projects that closely align with a “Food Prescription” model that has a significant food distribution component for medically supportive food coupled with an education and/or skill-building intervention.
- An emphasis on targeting Medi-Cal members who have or are at risk for chronic diseases, not based on food insecurity alone.
- Eligibility for organizations who have received a Partners for Healthy Food Access grant in the past (i.e., one-time funding policy removed). Grant funding may be awarded for new projects or continuation/expansion of successful previously funded projects that use a Food Prescription model.
- Applications are currently being accepted from Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties.
Do you have a project idea that you’d like to inquire about to see if it is a good fit for the Partners for Healthy Food Access Program? Contact email@example.com.