The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) launched the CalAIM Incentive Payment Program (IPP) to support CalAIM implementation. The Alliance earns money from DHCS to invest in local providers.
Since 2022, $15.5M in IPP funds have been invested in Alliance service area providers/organizations to launch ECM/CS services. Most of this funding has been used to fund clinical personnel. Other funded start-up costs have included:
- Administrative staff.
- Office equipment.
- Computers and software.
- Larger office spaces to increase service capacity.
- Staff training.
DHCS has four goals for IPP:
- Member engagement and service delivery.
- Building sustainable infrastructure.
- Promoting program quality.
- Creating equitable access for Enhanced Care Management (ECM)/Community Support (CS) populations of focus.
IPP funding is still available. Providers who become ECM/CS providers are eligible for start-up costs to launch their programs. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information.