Funding opportunities: applications are due soon!
New grant funding opportunities: apply by May 5!
The Alliance’s Medi-Cal Capacity Grant Program (MCGP) invests in health care and community organizations in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties to increase the availability, quality and access of health care and supportive resources for Medi-Cal members and address social drivers that influence health and wellness in our communities.
We are pleased to announce four new MCGP grant programs. There will be a rapid application round to launch these new programs. Applications are due May 5, 2023 and awards will be made June 28, 2023.
- Provider Recruitment Program for Community Health Workers (CHWs): Grants to support recruitment and hiring of CHWs who become credentialed to provide the compensable CHW Benefit to Medi-Cal members.
- Healthcare Technology Program: Grants to support the purchase and implementation of certain technology and infrastructure that improves member access to care and results in high quality health care services and operational efficiencies.
- Home Visiting Program: Grants to support the implementation or expansion of home visiting programs that use evidence-based models with trained professionals for pregnant women and parents of children up to age 5.
- Partners for Active Living Program: Grants to support community-based projects that provide children, adults and families opportunities to engage in physical activity and recreation programs in the community and engage health care providers in partnering on program coordination and referral of Medi-Cal members to these resources.
Update to Provider Recruitment Grant Program
The Provider Recruitment Program now accepts applications and awards grants four times per year. The upcoming Provider Recruitment application deadlines are:
- May 5, 2023.
- July 18, 2023.
- Oct. 17, 2023.
Please visit our website at http://www.ccahalliance.local/grants for more information.
Care-Based Quality Improvement Program: Deadline extended to May 19
The deadline to apply for the Alliance’s one-time Care-Based Quality Improvement Program (CB QIP) has been extended to May 19, 2023.
This voluntary program provides financial investment in practices to make quality improvement interventions. The CB QIP will help practices make sustained improvements in staffing, processes and technology to help improve metrics.
Eligible site(s) are those that have measures below the 50th percentile on the 2022 Care-Based Incentive (CBI) Q4 Practice Profile, which are set to lose 25-100% of the 2022 CBI payment.
- Well-Child Visits in the First 15 Months.
- Immunizations: Children.
- Child and Adolescent Well-Care Visits (3-21 years).
- Immunizations: Adolescents.
- Diabetic HbA1c Poor Control >9.0%.
- Cervical Cancer Screening.
- Breast Cancer Screening.
- Chlamydia Screening in Women.
How to apply
Apply through the Alliance’s Incentive Programs Online Portal by May 19. Once your application is submitted, it will go through an approval process. Your practice must then complete a letter of agreement to participate in the program and receive funding.
The application includes:
- Measure Selection, Best Practice Checklist and a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timebound) AIM Statement.
- Care-Based Quality Improvement Program Overview.
If you have questions about the CB QIP, please reach out to your Alliance Provider Services Representative at 800-700-3874, ext. 5504.
If you have questions regarding the CBI program, please email [email protected].
Health Rewards Program encourages members to get preventive care
The Alliance’s Health Rewards Program incentivizes members for getting routine care, managing chronic conditions, adopting healthy habits and more.
The Alliance’s Healthy Start member incentive program for ages 0-21 helps providers keep their youngest patients on track with needed vaccines. Launched April 1, Healthy Start offers Target gift cards for members who complete their checkups and immunizations.
The Health Rewards Program also includes:
- Healthier Living Program: a 6-week workshop for adults with chronic conditions.
- Healthy Weight for Life: a 10-week workshop for parents and guardians with children who are at risk for obesity.
- Healthy Moms and Healthy Babies: for pregnant women and mothers with infants to keep up with prenatal and postpartum care.
- Nurse Advice Line: a service for members to speak with a registered nurse about their health questions, available 24/7.
You can refer members to health programs using our Health Programs Referral Form.
To learn more about rewards for members, visit our Health Rewards Program page.