What's New for the Care-Based Incentive Program
What's New for CBI 2023
New Programmatic Measures:
- Adverse Childhood Events (ACEs) Screening in Children and Adolescents: This measure was moved from exploratory to a programmatic measure. This measure is based on the percentage of members 1 – 20 years of age who are screened for ACEs annually.
- Health Equity: This measure was moved from exploratory to a programmatic measure category and will continue to assess race/ethnicity disparities in health plan performance using the child and adolescent well-care visits. The methodology has changed to close the gap to the 50th or 75th percentile by 50% based on the baseline rates for the various race/ethnicities from Q4 2022.
New Fee-For-Service (FFS) Measures:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Training and Attestation: The plan shall pay providers, including mid-level providers and second- and third-year residents, for completing the ACEs Aware training and attestation. Providers will need to complete the ACEs Aware training y attestation to receive Prop 56 payment y to qualify for the new ACEs FFS measure.
Measure Changes – Redistribution of Points:
- Points were reallocated for the new Health Equity measure:
- Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions: 1 point removed
- Preventable Emergency Visits 1 point removed
- Initial Health Assessments 1 point removed
- Quality of Care Measures 2 points removed
See the 2023 CBI Incentive Summary for the full points breakdown.
New Exploratory Measures:
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: This measure looks at the percentage of members 45–75 years of age who had appropriate screening for colorectal cancer. For members 46-75 years you can use any of the following criteria for compliance:
- Fecal occult blood test within the last year.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy within the last 5 years.
- Colonoscopy within the last 10 years.
- CT colonography within the last 5 years.
- Stool DNA (sDNA) with FIT test within the last 3 years.
- Unhealthy Alcohol Use in Adolescents and Adults
- Asthma Medication Ratio
- 90-Day Referral Completion
- Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment
Contact Provider Services
|Provider Relations Representative||800-700-3874
|Practice Coaching||[email protected]|
|CBI Team||[email protected]|