The Alliance has noted a declining trend in immunization rates in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. In a continued effort to increase immunization rates, two new member incentives have been implemented for 2019.
- Adolescent members will be entered into a raffle for a $50 gift card if vaccinations are up to
date by their 13th birthday. Required vaccinations include:
- 1 dose of meningococcal vaccine
- 1 Tdap vaccine and the complete human papillomavirus vaccine series
- Toddler members will be entered into a raffle for a $100 gift card if vaccinations are up to date
by their 2nd birthday. Required vaccinations include:
- 4 diphtheria tetanus and acellular pertussis (DTaP)
- 3 polio (IPV)
- 1 measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- 3 haemophilus influenza type B (HiB)
- 3 hepatitis B (HepB)
- 1 chicken pox (VZV)
- 4 pneumococcal conjugate (PCV) doses
Members in these age groups with the required vaccines will be entered into a raffle that will be drawn quarterly, with one winner per county. The Alliance recommends that providers give parents a vaccine schedule to help them monitor when children are due for vaccines. A vaccine schedule can be found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html
PLEASE NOTE: All primary care providers are required to enter vaccines into their local immunization registry, and the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) recommends that this be done within 14 days of administering an immunization. Per DHCS All Plan Letter 18-004, the Alliance is required to audit immunization registries to ensure that providers enter immunization information.