Welcome to the Alliance webpage for Application Developers. You'll find resources here to access information via the Alliance’s Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), which are based on the Health Level 7® (HL7) Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®) 4.0.1 standards.
Lus Coj Qhia
The Interoperability and Patient Access final rule (CMS-9115-F) was added to the Federal Register by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). They, in partnership with the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), have identified FHIR as the foundational standard to support data exchange. These requirements support the privacy and security of patient information. Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), patients have a right to access their health information.
There are two APIs, giving you the ability to build applications for our members and providers based on the information below.
Qhov kev pab cuam Member/Patient Access API allows Alliance members to:
- Access their claims and encounter information (including cost).
- Access their clinical information.
Qhov kev pab cuam Provider Directory API facilitates searches for our in-network providers. The Provider Directory API allows users to:
- Look up providers by specialty and/or location.
- Look up a provider's office hours and location.
- Determine whether a provider is accepting new patients.
- Find in-network specialists and their associated hospitals.
- Discover what specialties a local hospital provides.
- Locate in-network pharmacies and their hours of operation.