In an effort to keep you up-to-date during this time, the Alliance is publishing a COVID-19 e-newsletter every Monday for our providers.
Webinar on Immunizing During the COVID-19 Era
California Vaccines for Children (VFC) is offering a free webinar to program providers on how to keep patients protected from vaccine-preventable disease during and after the pandemic.
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Noon to 1 p.m.
Webinar highlights include:
- Patient prioritization for immunizing during the pandemic.
- Infection control measures.
- Messaging to encourage patients to schedule well-child visits and immunizations.
- Operational changes to protect staff and patients.
- Alternate strategies to provide immunizations, including curbside clinics.
Submit questions you would like addressed during the webinar on the site’s registration page. The webinar will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing.
Fellowship from UC Davis in Primary Care Pain Management
The UC Davis Train the Trainer (T3): Primary Care Pain Management Fellowship provides a 10-month, multidisciplinary, evidence-based educational program for providers who wish to become expert clinicians and teachers in primary care pain management. The program begins October 2020.
This fellowship is designed for practicing clinicians who want to continue their current work while they receive the training, mentorship and resources needed to improve the practice of safe and effective pain management.
Hours and certification
The T3 fellowship provides over 40 continuing education hours of training during non-work hours (lunch and some early evening). Fellows who complete the program will receive a certificate of completion from the UC Davis Center for Advancing Pain Relief.
Eligibility and application process
All primary care-oriented providers are eligible. To be considered for enrollment, applicants must complete an application and submit a CV or resume.
Checking member eligibility
Need to check an Alliance member’s eligibility? You can do so at any time by using the Provider Portal on our website or by calling our automated eligibility system.
Checking eligibility via the Provider Portal
Qhov kev pab cuam Kws Kho Mob Lub Chaw Tswj Xyuas Tswvcuab Cov Ntaub Ntawv offers a variety of ways to verify eligibility for our members: by member ID number, social security number or a combination of member’s first name, last name and date of birth.
Verifying eligibility requires a date of service. You can verify eligibility for multiple members at one time. Each row of the search results, which can be printed, represents information for one member.
Tips for using the Provider Portal:
- Use Google Chrome as your browser and clear its history once a week.
- When making portal changes and/or requests and member eligibility changes, please wait 24 hours for changes to appear.
- If there are any issues with referrals or authorizations, use paper versions until the issues are resolved. For specific professional claims, use the Claims Resubmit option in the portal.
- To conduct a hard refresh to the page, click “Ctrl+R” or “Ctrl+F5.”
Additional resources for using the Provider Portal:
- Access the Provider Portal User Guide.
- Call a Provider Portal Support Specialist at 800-700-3874, ext. 5518.
Checking eligibility via automated phone line:
Call our automated eligibility system at 831-430-5501 or 800-700-3874, ext. 5501. You will need the member ID number or the member’s social security number. Eligibility can be confirmed for either the current date or for another date of service you choose. After entering the member ID number and date of service, you will receive confirmation of eligibility, the member’s PCP name and phone number and a confirmation number for the call.