Immunizations: Adult Tip Sheet
The percentage of members 19 - 65 years of age who are up to date on recommended routine vaccines for influenza, TD/Tdap and zoster vaccines.
Must be 19 at the start of the measurement period for Flu and Tdap populations and 50 for Zoster.
Incentives will be paid on an annual basis, following the end of Quarter 4. For additional information refer to the 2021 CBI Technical Specifications.
Data for this measure will be collected using provider data submissions via the Data Submission Tool on the Provider Portal, claims, and immunization registries.
- Run a report from your EHR system
- Manually compile patient data (Example: Download monthly breast cancer screening quality report on the Provider Portal and compare to EHR)
This measure allows providers to submit immunization codes from the clinic EMR/EHR system or paper records to the Alliance at the end of the measurement year by uploading data files to the Data Submission Tool on the Provider Portal. The files are required to be submitted as a CSV file to be accepted. A Data Submission Tool Guide is available on the Provider Portal to provide you with step-by-step instructions.
- Received active chemotherapy during the measurement period.
- Bone marrow transplant during the measurement period.
- History immunocompromising conditions, cochlear implants, anatomic or functional asplenia, sickle cell anemia and HbS disease or cerebrospinal fluid leaks.
- Received hospice care during the measurement year.
Members meet the AIS requirements when they have received the specified number of doses listed for each of the following vaccines:
- Vaccine administered on or between July 1 of the year prior to the measurement period and June 30 of the measurement period.
- Acceptable CPT codes: 90653, 90658,90662, 90674, 90682, 90686, 90688, 90756
- At least one Td or Tdap vaccine administered between nine years prior to the measurement period and the end of the measurement period (between 2013 and 2021)
- Acceptable CPT codes: 90714, 90715
- At least one dose of herpes zoster live or two doses, 28 days apart, of herpes zoster recombinant vaccine administered any time after the member’s 50th
- Acceptable CPT codes: 90736, 90750
- Implementing standing orders for vaccines. See Using Standing Orders for Administering Vaccines: What you Should Know for more information.
- Creating a team-based immunization program. Learn more information from the AMA STEPS Forward module on Adult Vaccinations: Team-Based Immunization Save time and prevent disease with an immunization program.
- Alliance Immunization Resources: visit our website at https://thealliance.health/for-providers/manage-care/quality-of-care/immunization-resources/