Data Engineer III
Location: Scotts Valley, CA; Salinas, CA; Merced, CA
We have an opportunity to join the Alliance in the Data Analytics Services Department.
Note: Data Engineer III is a working title, however internally the position is currently referred to a Software Developer III - EDW. Throughout the recruitment, these titles may be used inter-changeably.
There are two positions available and can be filled in any office (Salinas, Merced, Scotts Valley).
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
The Data Engineer III will:
- Create, develop, document, test, implement, and maintain enterprise data warehouse and databases in an Agile environment to support the needs and requirements of the Alliance reporting systems
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of the data warehouse and ETL/ELT applications using appropriate design techniques and modification of existing software
- Participate in sprint planning of software and ETL/ELT design and development as part of the Agile development lifecycle
ABOUT THE TEAM
We integrate data from many sources to create information marts that provide the basis for business intelligence, reporting, and advanced analytics.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of:
- Structured Query Language
- Dimensional Modeling and Data Warehouse Design
- Microsoft SQL Server Database
- Oracle Database or Microsoft Azure
- ETL (Extract, Translate, and Load) processing and SSIS packages
- Ability to:
- Develop, document, apply and provide guidance on EDW development best practices in Wherescape systems, including 3D and RED, in modern enterprise data warehouse systems
- Gather and analyze complex data and information, troubleshoot issues, and develop practical and effective solutions
- Provide advice and recommendations on projects, tasks and issues, including the impact of proposed solutions
- Quickly learn new business concepts and the modern methodologies
- Ability to understand and document business users’ requirements
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science
- A minimum of five years of enterprise data warehouse experience (a Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid telecommute work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
- Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings may be expected.
- Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: At this time, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon office entry. Fully vaccinated is defined by the CDC. This means receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receipt of a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) AND a 2-week period having passed since the administration of the last vaccine dose. If you state that you are vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be submitted at time of hire.
Additionally, all positions at the Alliance are required to meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- Onsite EV Charging Stations
- And many more
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve members in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties. To learn more about us, take a look at our Fact Sheet.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.
Toll free: 800-700-3874
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Assistance Alliance
TTY Line: 877-548-0857
The Alliance Nurse Advice Line
844-971-8907 (TTY) or dial 711
24 hours a day, 7 days a week